Last updated June 2018
This privacy and cookies policy details data used on www.escapespamcr.co.uk.
The data controller for your information is Escape Spa Manchester Ltd. You can contact us at any point to request removal of the data we hold on you by contacting us at email@example.com.
What information do we collect?
When you visit our website or contact us, we may collect the following information:
- Personal Information that you choose to share with us when you create an account or subscribe to emails and newsletters, which you provide to us when using our services, including information entered into our contact form and included in your comments or reviews. In the course of making a booking or submitting reviews, you might voluntarily provide us with sensitive personal data if relevant to the service that you are requesting or reviewing (relating to your health or ethnicity, for example).
- If you choose to communicate with us (for example, through the website, email, telephone, SMS, or social media) we will record the fact that you have contacted us and may retain the content of your communication, together with your contact details and our responses.
It is important that all the Personal Information you give us when you register as a user or otherwise when you use the website is correct and accurate. This includes, by way of example only, ensuring that we have your correct contact (including email) details at all times.
Protecting your personal information
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information we will use strict procedures and security features in relation to that data.
How do we use your personal information?
In general terms, we use Personal Information to provide you with the services and products you request, provide customer services, deliver our content and ads which we think may be of interest to you, to send you marketing and promotional emails and to notify you about important changes to our website.
We also use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract.This is relevant where you request a service via Escape Spa MCR. This includes:
- Sending you information about your requested services (such as appointment reminders) by email and SMS
- Facilitating your bookings
- Responding to your questions and concerns
- Administering your account
- As required by Escape Spa MCR to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- To keep our website and systems secure and to prevent fraud, security incidents and other crime
- If you have opted in to receive our marketing communications, to notify you about new services and special offers we think you will find valuable
- To help us monitor, improve and protect our website, products and services, and to personalise our website, products, services for you, based on information you provide
- To investigate and respond to any questions or complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services
- To conduct internal research and analysis so that we can see how our website, products and services are being used and how our business is performing
- To use customer communications for training, record-keeping and quality control purposes.
- Where you give us consent:
- To notify you about new services and special offers we think you will find valuable, for example via email and displaying advertising on third party websites such as Facebook (where consent is required)
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time
- For purposes which are required by law:
- To respond to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation
- To meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above.
- If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving communications which Escape Spa MCR sends you, you can do so by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of email communications which we send you or alternatively by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the case of email marketing please allow 48 business hours for your email address to be removed from our system.
Sharing personal information with third parties
We treat the security and method of processing your Personal Information very seriously, and we will never sell your Personal Information under any circumstances.
However, we may disclose your Personal Information to selected third parties, including in the following situations:
- To third party service providers that perform functions on our behalf in relation to the Website or otherwise in connection with the provision of Escape Spa MCR’s services (for example, website hosting, providing social media analysis, providing marketing email services, data analysis tools and to manage customer services communications).
- If we buy, sell or transfer any business or assets or if we go into insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership. If this should happen, we may need to disclose your Personal Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets, as appropriate
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection
- To government authorities, and to other third parties as required or permitted by law, including but not limited to in response to court orders. We also may disclose user information when we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of our website, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
Please note: by posting any Personal Information in any publicly accessible area relating to us or our website (such as review sections), such information may be collected by third parties over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the use of such information by such third parties.
Please therefore exercise all due care and consideration before disclosing any Personal Information that will be disclosed on public areas. You should also avoid disclosing on public areas any Personal Information that may be used to identify you (such as your name, age, home or work address or name of your employer).
Your rights in relation to your personal information
In relation to the personal information we hold about you, you may be entitled to ask us:
- For a copy of your personal information
- To correct, erase or restrict the processing of your personal information
- To obtain personal data which you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format and to ask us to transfer this information to another organisation
- To object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances
In the first instance you may be able to view or change the information you have provided us with by logging in to your online account.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are limited in some situations. For example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person or if we have a legal requirement or a compelling legitimate ground we may continue to process Personal Information which you have asked us to delete. You also may have the right to make a complaint if you feel your personal information has been mishandled. We encourage you to come to us in the first instance but, to the extent that this right applies to you, you are entitled to complain directly to the relevant supervisory authority.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Social Media and User Generated Content
Some of our Websites allow users to submit their own content. Please remember that any content submitted to one of our platforms can be viewed by the public, and you should be cautious about providing certain personal information e.g. financial information or address details via these websites. We are not responsible for any actions taken by other individuals if you post personal information on one of our social media websites, e.g. Facebook or Instagram. Please also refer to the respective privacy & cookie policies of the social media websites you are using.
If we change our privacy policies and procedures, we will post those changes on our website to keep you aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we may disclose it.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including for the purposes of processing that data by selected third parties, in order to facilitate Escape Spa MCR’s business. Countries outside the EEA may not have laws which provide the same level of protection to your personal data as laws within the EEA. Where this is the case we will put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure that such transfers comply with applicable data protection laws.
Our policy on Cookies
- Strictly Necessary
Using Cookies for this purpose is essential for our website to work correctly. They may be required to enable you to move around our website and use our features and for system administration. These cookies cannot be switched off as our website cannot function properly without them.
- Functionality Purposes
Using Cookies for this purpose enables us to enhance and simplify your user experience. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to tailor and enhance your visits to our website. The information these technologies collect may be personally identifiable, such as your log-in details. They cannot track your browsing activity on other websites outside the website.
- Performance Purposes
Using Cookies for this purpose enables us to better understand how many users visit our website, how users arrive at, and browse or use our website and which parts of our website are most popular. To achieve this, we collect information on how people use our Website and use third party technology for this purpose such as Google Analytics. We also use these Cookies to help us measure the effectiveness of our online marketing and advertising activities. We use some third party Cookies for this purpose, such as tools provided by social media websites.
- Targeting or Advertising Purposes
Using Cookies for this purpose enables us to display adverts off the Website, and to collect information about your browsing habits and usage of the Website in order to make adverts more relevant and personalised to you and your interests. We may use remarketing technologies to enable third parties to display relevant and personalised ads to you through their networks. They are also used to identify that you have seen a particular advert, limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. We use some third party technologies for this purpose such as Google Analytics Audiences and Facebook Analytics. Technologies are also placed by social media sites for advertising and targeting purposes.
These technologies remember the sites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. When we use third parties for advertising and targeting purposes, we may disclose:
- Generic, aggregated or anonymised data relating to your visits and use of our Website; or
- Information in a pseudonymised form such as a browser cookie ID / code or cryptographic hash of your email address to help us tailor and display our ads to you on other services. This ID or code is matched against your equivalent unique code similarly generated by our ad partners to tailor adverts to you.
The third party companies that we use for targeting and advertising purposes have their own privacy policies which you should read in detail.
Google Targeting. These cookies are set by Google. These cookies enable Google to profile the interests of visitors and ensure that relevant Escape Spa MCR advertising reaches you on third party sites or search. These cookies may also be used to store user preferences, verify Google user accounts.
How do we use information we collect from tracking technologies?
See “How do we use your personal information?“ above.
What can I do to change my Cookies preferences?
Please find below a number of ways in which you can manage your Cookie preferences online. Please also refer to the privacy & cookie policies of the relevant third party for more information.
- Most browsers and devicesallow you to remove tracking technologies and/or block new tracking technologies being set. To turn off tracking technologies, look at the “help” menu on your browser, or visit your device settings. However, please note, that (a) this may not be effective for all tracking technologies and (b) switching off tracking technologies may restrict your use of the Sites and/or delay or affect the way in which they operate.
- AdChoicesis a self-regulatory program that encourages online advertising websites to include an advertising option icon on any ads or webpages where data is collected and used for behavioural advertising. Find out more here: youradchoices.com/control.
- Useyour mobile device settings to configure your advertising preferences.
- Visit Your Online Choiceshere to opt out of various interest based advertisingyouronlinechoices.com/uk/.
- Facebook Ads:You can control how Facebook uses data to show you ads by turning off ads which may be based on interests and / or your relationship with specific advertisers, in your ad preference settings. For further information, please visit the various Facebook pages which allow you to learn more about Facebook ads and Cookies and to update your settings:
Please note that where you have opted out of receiving our email marketing communications via the methods described above under the section “Withdrawing consent”, you may still see our non-targeted adverts whilst you are online, if your interests settings on Facebook are aligned to an audience segment (pre-defined by Facebook) which our business is also associated with. We do not control whether these ads are displayed to you.
- In the case of third parties not specified in this section, please consult their relevant privacy & cookies policy to find out more about adverts displayed to you whilst you are online and how you can opt-out.